ASIO – Airborne Surveillance Intelligence & Observation System
As an ASIO installation facility, Beechcraft Berlin Aviation (BBA) offer, in partnership with Airbus Defence & Space and other partners, a perfectly engineered and flexible all-in-one solution for ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance) aircraft.
ASIO – the perfect ISR solution
ASIO is an airborne platform that provides decision makers and field commanders with accurate, real-time Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) information including Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), and Imagery Intelligence (IMINT).
ASIO is highly customizable and can address diverse operational requirements including: terrestrial surveillance, maritime patrol and targeted monitoring. The solution can be installed on various aircraft, with a wide range of sensors and subsystems all integrated into a mission management system that provides a unified picture and real-time situational awareness.
ASIO Airborne Segment
The ASIO airborne mission suite includes:
- Synthetic Aperture Radar/Ground Moving Target Indicator (SAR/GMTI) – provides all-weather, wide-area surveillance to locate targets of interest and cross cues
- Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) – high resolution day and night imagery from substantial distances
- Communication Intelligence Payload (COMINT) – detection, classification / recognition, direction finding, and exploitation of RF signals
- Electronic Intelligence Payload (ELINT) – detection, identification, and geo-location of electronic signals of interest
- Airborne Missile Protection System (AMPS) – protects the aircraft from ground-to-air missile threats
- Multi Sensor Information System (MSIS) – C4I mission management system that provides unified real time situational awareness
- DATA LINK and SATCOM – transfer of real-time video and data
ASIO Ground Segment
- The ground control station enables real-time command and control of the mission, as well as mission setup and debriefing with associated logistic support.
- The ground station can be installed at fixed or mobile sites and can vary from a single pre/post mission work station, to a sophisticated C&C center with multiple work stations installed with enhanced command and control capabilities.
ASIO Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) – Example
- Maritime Patrol Platform: Beechcraft King Air 350 ER
- Mission System integration and situational awareness with Multi-Sensor Information System (MSIS)
- SMART Radar
- EOP Electro Optic Payload
- AIS – Automatic Identification System (AIS) for identifying and locating naval vessels
- Program management, logistics, support and turnkey responsibility by Beechcraft Berlin Aviation GmbH
- Complete support package – training, testers, support equipment, spares
Advantages of the ASIO all-in-one solution
- A perfectly engineered and proven system, provided by the strong ASIO partnership
- Use of the reliable Beechcraft King Air platform
- Cost effective operation on most demanding landing strips around the world
- Large ranges and various height profiles
- High payload
- Numerous operational profiles
- Modifications available for higher performance, additional weight and extended range
Additional information can be found in the ASIO brochure
The ASIO Partnership
Airbus DS, a leader in the Defense Industry brings to the table valuable knowledge and special expertise and know-how, among other endeavors, in the fields of Self Protection Systems (SPS), Communication Intelligence (COMINT), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) and Synthetic Aperture Radars (SAR). Airbus DS supports the ASIO cooperation with excellent hardware and extended sales support.
With its team of pilots and engineers, BBA’s personnel have valuable knowledge and possess special know-how and experience, among others, in the field of Airborne Reconnaissance and Surveillance Systems Integration, System Engineering, Multi Sensor Information System (MSIS), and Electro-Optical Payload (EOP) integration.